The deadline for Fall 2018 admissions is December 1, 2017
Required Materials and Information
- Online application
- Application fee (non-refundable $70). Please see graduate admissions website for information on fee waivers.
- One official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended
- Please use the upload links in the Grad Portal to upload your own, unofficial transcript copies. This will enable the Admissions Committee to review your application without waiting for individual institutions to send originals. Please also request that your previous institutions forward official transcripts.
- A personal statement
- explain your motivation for pursuing a PhD degree
- describe your previous research experience(s) highlighting objectives, challenges and outcomes
- if there is something you feel the admissions committee should know about you, include it in your statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Letters from faculty who supervised your research or know you well from a classroom experience will help the admissions committee evaluate your motivation, work ethic, curiosity, initiative, persistence, intellectual ability and willingness to work with others
- GRE general test (all applicants) and TOEFL (for international applicants). GRE subject test scores are optional.
- Curriculum Vitae (resume) may be uploaded as supporting documentation
The Admissions Committee for the Graduate Programs in Molecular Biosciences reviews application for five participating degree-granting graduate programs. Specifying any one of the five programs does not limit a student’s choice of laboratories in which to work. At the end of the first year, regardless of which program was specified during the application process, a student may select any one of the five programs in which to continue.
Please click here for access to the Graduate Admissions portal for Rutgers University. For admission to Molecular Biosciences, please search by Program Code to apply to ONE of the following 5 programs:
|Cell & Developmental Biology||16:148|
|Microbiology & Molecular Genetics||16:681|
|Pharmacology, Cellular & Molecular||16:718|
|Physiology & Integrative Biology||16:761|