The interdisciplinary Cancer Biology Training Program (CBTP), offered in conjunction with the Cancer Institute of New Jersey, is a specialized concentration within the CMP Graduate Program.
Students who choose the CBTP concentration take the courses listed on the PhD curriculum page.
- Principles of Drug Action and Targeting
- Two of the seven seminar courses.
- One relevant three-credit elective chosen from the Rutgers University Graduate School Course Catalogue - New Brunswick.
In addition, CBTP students take two of the four accredited electives listed below.
- Cancer Molecular Biology(Course ID: 16:681:585, Dr. Axelrod and Program faculty)
- Topics in Molecular Medicine (Course ID: 16:681:681, Dr. Chaudhary and Program Faculty)
- Biostatistics in Clinical Trial Design and Management (Course ID: BIOM-0660-001, Dr. Shih)
- Genomics in Cancer Therapeutics (Course ID: 16:718:603, Dr. Banerjee).
A wide variety of multidisciplinary conferences, seminars and non-accredited courses are also available at the Cancer Institute of New Jersey and affiliated institutions.
- The CINJ Graduate Student/Fellow Weekly Research Seminar Series
- The CINJ Distinguished Lecture Series
- Cancer Center Grand Rounds
- Annual Scientific Retreat
- Clinical Research Methods (Dr. Sunita Chaudhary and CINJ Faculty)
- Bioinformatics and Cancer (Course Directors: Rajagopal and Ganesan CINJ)
- Grant Writing (Dr. Sunita Chaudhary and CINJ Faculty)