We strongly suggest that you use the DocuSign system to obtain digital signatures on the forms. Docusign is Rutgers’ chosen secure electronic signature system to replace paper-intensive processes. Students can request a new account at https://www.docusign.com. Enter your email address / username as
It's very important to submit your Oral Qualifying Exam forms promptly, since some Rutgers funding opportunities require that you be coded as "Post-Qual".
Required Forms For PhD Students
- At the end of your first year, complete the Thesis Advisor Selection Form and read The AAMC Compact Between Biomedical Graduate Students & their Research Advisors.
- First year students, in June of your first year, after completing the Written Qualifying Exam, fill out Qualifying Exam A Form.
- Once annually, fill out the Annual Research Advisory Committee Meeting form–please note that this must also be completed at time of Qualifying Exam B (Proposition).
- In your second year, fill out the Qualifying Exam B form (Proposition)
- After you hold your PhD Final Dissertation Defense, fill out the Final Examination (thesis defense) form.
- Annual Individual Development Plan form (found on Canvas and submitted via Canvas)
- HINT: when setting up your Docusign, if you set your Graduate Program Director as the final signature, you will not need to obtain that signature later on.
Where Do I Send Completed PhD Forms?
After Obtaining Committee Member and Graduate Program Director signatures, completed forms need to be sent to 3 different locations:
- Your Graduate Program Administrator (
- A copy of all forms also goes to
- Copies of your Qualifying Exam B form and your Final Phd Defense form go to
MS Student Forms
MS students should also use Docusign to obtain signatures on documents (see Docusign instructions above). Copies of all Final MS Candidacy Forms should be sent to your Program Administrator (
PhD Student Forms