The Bhattacharya lab is focused on understanding the molecular mechanisms by which G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) regulate metabolic disorders such as cancer (breast and liver cancer) and obesity induced fatty liver disease. These metabolic adaptions are unique to diseased cells and represent promising drug targets. These multidisciplinary studies are conducted using cell and 3-D culture models, genetically engineered mouse models as well as clinical biopsies and blood samples.
- Moshmi Bhattacharya
- Associate Professor
- Department: Department of Medicine
- Phone: 1.7322355269
- Email: email@example.com
- Rutgers University
- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Clinical Academic Bldg, Room 7148
- 125 Paterson St. New Brunswick, NJ, 08901
- New Brunswick, NJ, 08901
- Key Words: Molecular oncology, metastasis, metabolism, breast cancer, liver cancer, receptor signal transduction
- News Items: Kisspeptin: A New Drug to Treat Liver Disease?