The interdisciplinary Cancer Biology Training Program (CBTP), offered in conjunction with the Cancer Institute of New Jersey, is a specialized concentration within the CMP Graduate Program.
An application for the CBTP concentration must be completed and authorized by the Program DirectorCBTPtrackapproval_000.pdf94.46 KB
Students who choose the CBTP concentration take the courses listed on the PhD curriculum page.
- Principles of Drug Action and Targeting
- Two of the six CMP Graduate Program seminar courses.
- One 3 credit statistic course.
In addition, CBTP students take a total of four credits from the following list of accredited courses. Note that courses used to fulfill Molecular Biosciences requirements cannot be reused to fulfill CBTP requirements.
- Genomics in Cancer Therapeutics (Course ID: 16:718:603, Dr. Sabaawy, 3 credits).
- Topics in Molecular Medicine (Course ID: 16:681:681, Dr. Chaudhary, 1 credit).
- Cancer Genes and Cells minicourse (Dr. Axelrod, 1 credit).
- Cancer and Clinical Oncology minicourse (Dr. Axelrod, 1 credit).
- Cancer Cell Metabolism minicourse (Dr. Hampsey, 1 credit).
- P53 minicourse (Drs. Hu and Feng, 1 credit)
A wide variety of multidisciplinary conferences, seminars and non-accredited courses are also available at the Cancer Institute of New Jersey and affiliated institutions.
- The CINJ Graduate Student/Fellow Weekly Research Seminar Series
- The CINJ Distinguished Lecture Series
- Cancer Center Grand Rounds
- Annual Scientific Retreat